Looking for a satisfying and flavorful meal that won’t take up your entire evening? Look no further than these mouthwatering 30 Minute Saucy Ginger Sesame Noodles with Caramelized Mushrooms! Picture this: tender egg noodles bathed in a delightful blend of sweet, spicy, and tangy ginger garlic sauce, topped with crispy caramelized mushrooms, all served in a steaming, spicy broth. Not only are these Chinese-inspired noodles bursting with flavor, but they also happen to be a healthier option. And guess what? You can whip up this veggie-packed dish in just about 30 minutes! The best part? It’s incredibly saucy, just the way noodles should be.
What’s even better is that this recipe is incredibly convenient. You’ll find most of the ingredients in your pantry, making it a breeze to put together. It’s the perfect Monday recipe that’s quick, easy, and guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds. So why wait? Let’s get cooking and start the week off on a delicious note!
|Prep Time: 15 minutes||Cook Time: 15 minutes|
|Total Time: 30 minutes||Servings: 6|
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter or tahini
- 1 tablespoon molasses or pomegranate molasses (optional)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 8 ounces Chinese-style egg noodles or rice noodles
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame or extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups shiitake or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons raw sesame seeds
- 2 green onions chopped, for serving
- To make the sauce. Combine 1/2 cup soy sauce, honey, balsamic vinegar, rice vinegar, peanut butter/tahini, molasses, 1 tablespoon ginger, 1 clove garlic, and 1/3 cup water in a bowl.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain. To the pot used to cook the noodles, add the broth and 1/2 of the soy sauce mixture. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stir in the spinach. Keep warm.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil shimmers, add the mushrooms. Cook undisturbed for 5 minutes or until golden. Add the shallots, 1 tablespoon of ginger, and 2 cloves of garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until fragrant. Add 2 tablespoons soy sauce and a large pinch of pepper. Cook another 2-3 minutes, until the mushrooms are caramelized. Add the sesame seeds, and cook for 2 minutes. Spoon the mushrooms out of the skillet and onto a plate.
- To the skillet, add the remaining soy sauce mixture and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add the noodles, toss to combine, and cook until the sauce just coats the noodles, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Ladle the broth into bowls. Add the noodles and toss combine. Spoon the mushrooms over the noodles. Top with green onions and chili oil. Enjoy!